Driver CPC – Drink, Drugs & Speed Awareness
As an approved training provider, Somax offers high quality Driver CPC/Periodic Training for you or your company, either at your premises or from our own facilities in Weston-Super-mare.
Periodic Training has been designed to increase, expand and confirm the knowledge and skills drivers need to conduct their duties, not only today but also to meet the ever changing regulations.
It carries on throughout the professional driver’s career – no matter how infrequently they drive.
All Periodic Training Courses are approved by The Joint Approvals Unit for Period Training (JAUPT). Only approved courses can be taken at approved training centres.
If you are doing your first Driver CPC, you will need to have the DQC before you can drive on a professional basis.
Failure to have this will mean that you will be driving illegally with a fine likely to be up to £1000.
N.B. You cannot undertake more than 35 hours in a 5 year period.
During the day you will cover:
- Speed awareness, collision data, attitudes, road rage, speeding and the law, crash analysis
- Spatial awareness, stopping distances, seat belts, hazard perception, highway code signs and distractions
- The police and penalties, alcohol, drink driving and government advertising
- Unit of alcohol, calculation and elimination, sobering up, beat the breathalyzer, drug awareness and sobriety test
- Theory Test and Highway Code
Monday 16 May 2022, Monday 20 June 22, Monday 11 July 2022, Monday 22 August 2022, Monday 12 September 2022, Monday 10 October 2022, Monday 21 November 2022, Monday 12 December 2022