Driver CPC – Drivers Hours and Tachographs
As an approved training provider, Somax offers high quality Driver CPC/Periodic Training for you or your company, either at your premises or from our own facilities in Weston-Super-mare.
Periodic Training has been designed to increase, expand and confirm the knowledge and skills drivers need to conduct their duties, not only today but also to meet the ever changing regulations.
It carries on throughout the professional driver’s career – no matter how infrequently they drive.
All Periodic Training Courses are approved by The Joint Approvals Unit for Period Training (JAUPT). Only approved courses can be taken at approved training centres.
If you are doing your first Driver CPC, you will need to have the DQC before you can drive on a professional basis.
Failure to have this will mean that you will be driving illegally with a fine likely to be up to £1000.
N.B. You cannot undertake more than 35 hours in a 5 year period.
During the day you will cover:
- EU Drivers Hours, breaks and rest, emergencies, trains and ferries, liabilities and record keeping, working time and POA.
- Domestic hours, driving time, emergencies, working time
- Analog tachographs, history, features, legal requirements, complete a chart, the rear of the chart and solving
- Digital tachograph cards, manufacturers, legislation, overview, pictograms, UTC time, interactive training: login, standard display, In motion display, over speeding, stationary display and logging out
- Interactive training: manual entries, mode switches, recording, activity, menu structure, print outs, out of scope, ferry and train modes, changing times, messages and faults
- Digital print out – header, body and footer
- Theory quiz and highway code.
Thursday 19 May 2022, Thursday 23 June 22, Thursday 14 July 2022, Thursday 25 August 2022, Thursday 15 September 2022, Thursday 13 October 2022, Thursday 24 November 2022, Thursday 15 December 2022