Driver CPC – Vulnerable Road Users, Banksman, Safe Loading and Vehicle Checks
As an approved training provider, Somax offers high quality Driver CPC/Periodic Training for you or your company, either at your premises or from our own facilities in Weston-Super-mare.
Periodic Training has been designed to increase, expand and confirm the knowledge and skills drivers need to conduct their duties, not only today but also to meet the ever changing regulations.
It carries on throughout the professional driver’s career – no matter how infrequently they drive.
All Periodic Training Courses are approved by The Joint Approvals Unit for Period Training (JAUPT). Only approved courses can be taken at approved training centres.
If you are doing your first Driver CPC, you will need to have the DQC before you can drive on a professional basis.
Failure to have this will mean that you will be driving illegally with a fine likely to be up to £1000.
N.B. You cannot undertake more than 35 hours in a 5 year period.
During the day you will cover:
- Vulnerable road users – your responsibilities and employers responsibilities
- The changing landscape – pedestrians
- Vulnerability of pedestrians – cyclists
- Motorcyclists and horse riders
- Banksman – your responsibilities, employer responsibilities
- Blind spots, sideswipes and solutions
- Safe loading – in cab
- Legislation covering loading and load safety
- Prosecutions for overloading
- Safe loading – drivers responsibilities
- Risk assessments
- Load securing systems
- Load heights
- Vehicle checks
- Roadside checks
Wednesday 18 May 2022, Wednesday 22 June 22, Wednesday 13 July 2022, Wednesday 24 August 2022, Wednesday 14 September 2022, Wednesday 12 October 2022, Wednesday 23 November 2022, Wednesday 14 December 2022