Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
The CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test is an important way for construction workers to show that they can be safe on the job. It’s also a way for them to know that their fellow workers are as safe on the site and not put them at risk of injury. This test, paired with the Health and Safety Awareness Training allows candidates to apply for their CSCS card.
At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- Health and safety law and how it applies to supervisors
- Your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- Risk assessments and the need for method statements
- Effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Monitoring site activities effectively
- Timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.
We run HS&E (CSCS) sessions Monday to Friday at 3pm.