Whether you’re a construction pro, or just entering the industry, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to gain your CSCS card.
There are two elements you will need to gain your CSCS card, and we can support you with both parts:
- Health and Safety Awareness Day
- CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) Test
Based just 5 minutes from Junction 21 on the M5, we are easy to get to from the whole of North Somerset, and Bristol.
What You Need to Know
Getting your CSCS card is crucial for a successful career in construction. Here's a quick guide to help you understand the process:
1. The CSCS Test: The CSCS test takes just 45 minutes. You'll face 50 questions about safety and environmental practices in construction.
2. Types of Questions: The test covers different question types, including behavioural case studies. These cases help assess your understanding of working safely and considering health, safety, and the environment on the job.
3. Practice Matters: Questions and content can change. It's wise to complete practice tests before the real deal. This prepares you for any updates.
4. What to Expect: No matter how the questions are worded, your CSCS test covers:
General workplace safety
Health and welfare
Legal and management aspects
5. How often are the tests?
We run CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test every Friday, and you can book your preferred date and time, by clicking here.
6. How long does the CSCS card last?
Your CSCS card will expire after five years, meaning you will need to complete the test again to gain your card.
Passing the CSCS test opens doors in the construction industry. Make sure you're prepared by practicing and reviewing these key topics. Your CSCS card is your ticket to a safer and more rewarding construction career!