The health and safety of our staff, learners and visitors is very important to us. We have implemented specific controls to reduce the potential of spreading and transmitting the COVID-19 virus at all of our campuses and training centres. It is of the utmost importance that everyone follows these procedures. The new measures in place include:
- Learners must not come on to site if they have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone within the last 14 days that has COVID-19.
- A new entry system from our car park to our reception area, which includes allowance to maintain social distancing. You may be required to wait outdoors for a short amount of time whilst we admit each individual learner to the centre. Your patience is appreciated. Please be prepared for all weather conditions. You will receive joining instructions with a time to arrive at the centre and a time to report to reception, which will help keep numbers low in these areas.
- Your temperature will be taken by staff upon arrival at the centre; should it be found you have a raised temperature you will be asked to leave site.
- Bringing your joining instructions and suitable ID (driving licence or passport) to confirm your identity
- Having completed your registration you will be told which classroom you are in and your desk number, please keep this seat during the remainder of your course
- Hand hygiene stations have been sited at key points within the centre and must be used when entering or leaving the building, practical training areas and classrooms.
- A one-way pedestrian route throughout the centre has been implemented. Please follow instructions from staff and signage displayed throughout your visit to the centre.
- Social distancing arrangements have been established and must be obeyed. Please do not move any furniture or equipment as this has been located with the safety of everyone in mind.
- Windows and doors in classrooms will remain open to improve ventilation. Please ensure you have appropriate clothing for the current weather conditions.
It has been necessary to close canteen facilities at our centre. There will be NO facility to buy, prepare or store hot or cold food or drinks at our centre. We do however have on-site water dispensers. We have limited space for break-out areas at our centre and we encourage you to bring your own food and drinks for the duration of your training course and consume these in your own vehicle. There are local shops nearby to purchase food.
We will not be supplying or sharing personal protective equipment (PPE), therefore please bring with you the specific PPE required for your training:
- Face mask, hand sanitiser and gloves
- Driver training – high visibility jacket, gloves for daily maintenance checks and Cat CE coupling procedures
- Plant training – high visibility jacket, hard hat, steel toe capped boots and gloves
- Scaffolding – high visibility jacket, hard hat, steel toe capped boots, gloves, tools and harness
- Groundworks – high visibility jacket, hard hat, steel toe capped boots and gloves
Please note – in order to keep everyone as safe as possible, we will be operating a zero-tolerance approach towards behavioural safety and compliance with COVID-19 protection measures. Any learner found not to be following the instructions and measures put in place, will be asked to leave the course and no refund or alternative course date will be offered.