Driver CPC – Accident Procedures and Basic First Aid
As an approved training provider, Somax offers high quality Driver CPC/Periodic Training for you or your company, either at your premises or from our own facilities in Weston-Super-mare.
Periodic Training has been designed to increase, expand and confirm the knowledge and skills drivers need to conduct their duties, not only today but also to meet the ever changing regulations.
It carries on throughout the professional driver’s career – no matter how infrequently they drive.
All Periodic Training Courses are approved by The Joint Approvals Unit for Period Training (JAUPT). Only approved courses can be taken at approved training centres.
If you are doing your first Driver CPC, you will need to have the DQC before you can drive on a professional basis.
Failure to have this will mean that you will be driving illegally with a fine likely to be up to £1000.
N.B. You cannot undertake more than 35 hours in a 5 year period.
During the day you will cover:
- Health and Safety Regulation 1981
- Assess, Diagnose, Treat, Dispose,Manage Situation, Do’s and Don’ts
- CPR Procedures, CPR Practical, DR-ABC
- Recovery position
- How to deal with: choking, bleeding, shock, sprains, strains, fractures, poisoning, burns and scolds, stings, allergies, epilepsy, crushing,
- The first aid kit, help, location and ICE